Effective date 1 March 2020
Owner and Data Controller: Fly Watersports
7 Hassan Aflaton St.
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Fly Watersports and its Affiliates (collectively, “Fly Watersports”, “we” or “us”) know that you care about how the personal data we receive about you is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. This policy sets out how we handle your personal information if you’re a Fly Watersports user or visitor to our Sites. It shall refer collectively to www.flykitesurfing.com as well as the other websites that the Fly Watersports (the “Sites”) operates and that link to this Policy.
- By using the flykitesurfing.com website and/or making online purchases of products, you agree to the terms and conditions of Fly Watersports’s Policy.
- This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that Fly Watersports does not own or control, or to individuals that Fly Watersports does not employ or manage.
2. In this Policy we will explain:
- The type of information does Fly Watersports collect
- How we collect personal information
- Personal information we collect about you from others
- How does Fly Watersports use personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- How we keep your personal information secure
- How you can access your personal information
- Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Children’s privacy
- How you can contact us
3. The type of information collected by Fly Watersports
- Information from buyers The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email address, telephone number, other contact details, information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined by your IP address and provided by your browser) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries and web analytics data, information that you provide when you fill in forms on our Websites. We use this information to respond to your requests or correspondence, and provide customer service, for statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services, to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages, to prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Information from partners We collect your name, company name, website, phone number(s), address, business type, email address, and information from merchant processors like PayPal email address or ID etc. We use this information to work with you, confirm your identity, contact you, pay you and to screen for risk, fraud, or other similar types of issues, to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Information from website visitors We collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about the cookies installed on your device, support queries, and web analytics data. We also collect personal information submitted by you via any messaging feature available from any of our websites.From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, chat transcript, and other personal information you provide us during our chat. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our chat to verify your identity.
4. How we collect personal information
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- We collect personal information automatically as you navigate through the Sites or through the 3rd party when you use services associated with the Sites.
- You may be asked to provide your personal information while working with our partners, or service providers, like server access details etc.
5. Personal information we collect about you from others
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- financial and/or transaction details from payment providers ( in order to process a transaction)
- third party service providers (like Google, Facebook), which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider;
- and other third party sources/ and or partners, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service.
6. How does Fly Watersports use personal information
We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an subscription.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- providing you with services described on the Sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- providing support services;
- updating you with company news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training Fly Watersports staff about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our products and services.
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you;
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
7. When we disclose your personal information
We take care to allow your Personal Information to be accessed only by those who really need to in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following cases:
- the relevant customer has consented to the disclosure;
- the information is disclosed to contractors or other parties to the extent necessary in order to achieve the intended purposes explicitly indicated to the relevant customer (for support purposes and license validation);
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information. Note that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations;
- we reserve the right to disclose any personal information as required by law and when we believe, at our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect someone from injury and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Company.
8. Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
Fly Watersports has its headquarters in Egypt and is supported by various affiliated group companies (the “support companies”) throughout the world. The support companies only provide an internal supporting role to and for the benefit of Fly Watersports. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
9. How long we keep your personal information
How we keep your personal information secure
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your information and to protect it against unauthorised or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction, including:
- only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymised basis wherever possible;
- using secure servers to store your information;
- verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to information prior to granting them access to information;
- and using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software or other similar encryption technologies to protect the transfer of data and information.
10. How you can access and manage your personal information
You can access your personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us. You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below. These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent. Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country:
- of your habitual residence;
- of your place of work;
- in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred
Your privacy is critically important to us. Going forward with the GDPR we aim to support the GDPR standard. Fly Watersports permits residents of the European Union to use its Service. Therefore, it is the intent of Fly Watersports to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation. For more details please see here: EU GDPR Information Portal.
11. Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
13. Web Beacons
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.
14. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google Analytics cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
We have activated the IP anonymization feature on this website. Your IP address will be shortened by Google within the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission to the United States. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and Internet usage for the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent these cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies about your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Objecting to the collection of data
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent your data from being collected on future visits to this site: Disable Google Analytics.
Demographic data collection by Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics’ demographic features. This allows reports to be generated containing statements about the age, gender, and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising from Google and third-party visitor data. This collected data cannot be attributed to any specific individual person. You can disable this feature at any time by adjusting the ads settings in your Google account or you can forbid the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in the section “Refusal of data collection”.
15. Google reCAPTCHA
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
18. Google Web Fonts
19. Google Maps
This site uses the Google Maps map service via an API. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To use Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer. The use of Google Maps is in the interest of making our website appealing and to facilitate the location of places specified by us on the website. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of Google at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
20. Public Information and Third Party Websites
We display customer testimonials on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us direct per email email@example.com
If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
Social media platforms and widgets
Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like or login button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
21. Links to Other Sites
If you click on a link to a third party site, you will leave our site and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as us. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any other service provider from whom you request services.
22. Children’s privacy
Our Websites and Services are not intended for children under 13 years old. No one under age 13 years old may provide any personal information to or on the Websites and Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or Services including on or through any of their features, register on the Websites or Services, make any purchases through the Websites or Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years old, we will delete that information without undue delay. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years old, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
24. Contact Information
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.
English Version Controls
Non-English translations of this Policy are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.